Effective Date: January 2021
- Information that we receive and/or collect from you when you interact with the Website.
- How we use, process, and retain the information that we receive and/or collect from you.
- If and why Personal Information (as defined below) may be shared, transferred, or otherwise disclosed to third parties
- Your choices regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Information.
3. Information We Collect
We routinely collect a variety of information from a variety of sources. The type of information we collect varies (depending on your use of the Website) and includes both personal and non-personal information. Examples of the type of information that we may potentially collect from you include but are not limited to:
(a) “Personal Information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal Information includes but is not limited to:
(i) contact data (such as e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number);
(ii) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth, and zip code);
(iii) certain Usage Data (defined below), such as IP addresses; and
(b) “Usage Data” is information about an individual's online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, which includes but is not limited to:
(i) technical information, the web browser or other applications or programs through which the user has accessed the Website; and
4. How Information is Collected
(a) Information collection in general
(b) From You.
We collect Personal Information and Usage Data from you when you use the Website, contact us for help or information, or otherwise voluntarily provide your Personal Information. We also collect the information that you submit to us, such as when you sign into and use your Club Metro web account through the Website. Furthermore, we automatically collect Usage Data and Location Data when you interact with the Website.
(c) Cookies and other information collection tools
How We Use Data Collection Tools
Cookies help us improve the Website by tracking users' navigation habits and storing users' passwords, customizing users' experiences with the Website, enabling us to analyze technical and navigational information about the Website, and helping to detect and prevent fraud.
We also use other Cookies and other data collection tools (such as web beacons and server logs), which we collectively refer to as “Data Collection Tools,” to help improve your experience with the Website. For example, Data Collection Tools help us remember users and make the Website more relevant to them.
The Website also may use Data Collection Tools to collect information from the device used to access the Website, such as operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the operating system used and the country and time zone in which the device is located.
Control of Cookies
Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including how to manage and delete Cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject Cookies or to alert a user when a Cookie is placed on the user's device. Most devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept Cookies or device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Website.
(d) Online Advertising
We may use Data Collection Tools to track the actions of users of the Website, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver advertisements on the Website that may be more relevant to you. We may use Data Collection Tools to record the actions of users of the Website, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, to deliver advertisements on the Website that may be more relevant to individual consumers and to improve the consumer experience on the Website.
(e) Data Collection by Linked Services and Other Third Party Service Providers
(f) Information Obtained from Other Sources, including from Service Providers, Third Party Services and Joint Marketing Partners
(g) Do Not Track.
We currently do not employ technology which responds to Do Not Track signals from your web browser.
5. How Information is Used, Shared, and Disclosed
- to provide the Website to you;
- to perform services requested or functions (e.g. transactions) initiated by users through the Website, such as making restaurant reservations, purchasing tickets for entertainment events, or processing and tracking hotel reservations;
- to allow Linked Services and other service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them (such as hosting and data analyses);
- to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Website;
- to communicate with users or identify users in connection with communications sent through the Website;
- to better understand how users access and use the Website, for the purposes of trying to improve the Website and to respond to user preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to users' usage of the Website;
- to help us develop our new products and services;
- to provide users with advertising and direct marketing that is more relevant to you;
- to assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities on or in connection with the Website;
- to validate your identity or eligibility to use certain aspects of the Website;
- conducting statistical or demographic analysis;
- complying with legal and regulatory requirements (including, by way of example, disclosures to the Michigan Gaming Control Board or complying with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process);
- to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions;
- protecting and defending us from legal claims or to pursue available remedies (e.g. debt collection) or limit damages we may sustain;
- protecting against harm to the rights, property, or safety of MotorCity Casino Hotel, users, or the public;
- satisfying contractual obligations;
6. Information Transfer in Corporate Transactions
We may transfer information about you, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, sale, reorganization, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of MotorCity Casino Hotel or any affiliated company (in each case whether in whole or in part). When one of these events occurs, we will use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to notify users before their information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
7. Requesting Removal of Your Information/Opting Out
8. How Information is Retained and Secured
Information that we collect through the Website is stored on secure servers, which are protected by firewalls and reasonable physical, technical and administrative security protocols. These security protocols are intended to protect information from unauthorized access. However, no security system is impenetrable, and these systems could become accessible in the event of a security breach. Furthermore, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any disclosure, interception or interruption of any information that you send to us before we receive it, nor are we responsible for any information you that you transmit through the Internet or for any changes to or losses of data. Users of the Website are solely responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of the Website. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of the Website or any aspect thereof, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is known or suspected. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Website are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
9. Children’s Privacy