Effective Date: October 8, 2021
Casino (“Retail Sportsbook”), located at MotorCity Casino Hotel in Detroit, Michigan. MotorCity Casino Hotel is
owned and operated by Detroit Entertainment, LLC d/b/a MotorCity Casino Hotel (“MotorCity Casino Hotel”, “we”,
“our”, or “us”). The Retail Sportsbook is made available by MotorCity Casino Hotel and Betfair Interactive US
- Personal Information (as defined below) that we receive and/or collect from you when you interact with the
- How we use, process, and retain the Personal Information that we receive and/or collect from you.
- If and why Personal Information may be shared, transferred, or otherwise disclosed to third parties; and
- Your choices regarding the collection and processing of your Personal Information.
FanDuel. To determine the privacy policies applicable to Personal Information collected by FanDuel, please
website. The modified version will supersede all previous versions. Therefore, you should periodically review
posting, and the date at the top of this page will be changed to reflect the date of posting. Your continued use
not make retroactive changes that reduce your privacy rights unless we are legally required to do so.
Information We Collect
The type of information that we may collect when you use the Retail Sportsbook include but are not limited to:
How Information is Collected
- “Personal Information”, including information associated with or used to identify or contact you. Personal
Information includes but is not limited to your:
- first and last name;
- contact data (such as e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number);
- demographic data (such as gender, date of birth, and zip code);
- certain Usage Data (defined below); and
- sensitive Personal Information, such as your social security number or driver’s licence number.
Note that sensitive Personal Information is subject to stricter regulation than other Personal Information.
providing it for our use, we urge you to carefully consider whether to disclose your sensitive Personal
to us. If you provide sensitive Personal Information to us, you consent to its use, processing, retention,
- “Usage Data”, including information about your use of the Retail Sportsbook that, by itself, does not
We collect Personal Information and Usage Data from you when you use the Retail Sportsbook, contact us for help
information, or otherwise voluntarily provide your Personal Information.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including service providers, third party services,
publicly available sources and we may combine such information with information we have collected about you as
Information we have collected, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information under this Privacy
Policy. We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by third parties or third party
How Information is Used, Shared, and Disclosed
MotorCity Casino Hotel uses the Personal Information we collect for our own marketing, advertising, and
purposes. We may use, share and/or disclose your Personal Information to notify you of special promotions,
and events via email, text message, push notifications, other electronic communications, telephone, and by other
Personal Information to facilitate the services you request, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems with our
servers and software, or enforce our policies, including using, sharing, and/or disclosing your Personal
as follows (this list is purposely illustrative and not meant to be exhaustive):
- to provide the Retail Sportsbook to you;
- to perform services requested or functions (e.g. transactions) initiated by you through the Retail
- to allow other service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them (such as hosting and data
- to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer, and to give you a more consistent
personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to verify your identity, including your accounts on the Retail Sportsbook;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes;
- to process and track the results of your gambling and other transactions you enter into using the Retail
- to communicate with you or identify you in connection with communications;
- to better understand how you use the Retail Sportsbook, for the purposes of trying to improve the Retail
Sportsbook and to respond to your preferences;
- to help us develop our new products and services;
- to provide you with information such as to send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with offers,
or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties, including to let you know about new
products, services or upcoming contests, promotions or events;
- to assess the effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities on, or
connection with, the Retail Sportsbook;
- to validate your identity or eligibility to use certain aspects of the Retail Sportsbook;
- to conduct statistical or demographic analysis;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements (including, by way of example, disclosures to the Michigan
Control Board or when complying with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process);
- to support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to protect and defend us from legal claims or to pursue available remedies (e.g. debt collection) or limit
we may sustain;
- to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of MotorCity Casino Hotel, users, or the public;
- to satisfy contractual obligations;
- to enforce MotorCity Casino Hotel’s policies and procedures, including, by way of example, this Privacy
- for purposes as disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information, with your consent, and/or as
Please note that for the purposes of seeking to provide you with a better experience and to improve the Retail
Sportsbook, your Personal Information collected through the Retail Sportsbook may be used in an aggregated or
individualized manner. We may also share Personal Information as needed to operate other related services, as well
as provide your information to our affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or promotional partners to
Information Transfer in Corporate Transactions
We may transfer information about you, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, sale,
reorganization, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of MotorCity Casino Hotel or any
affiliated company (in each case whether in whole or in part). When one of these events occurs, we will use
reasonable efforts under the circumstances to notify you before your information becomes subject to different
privacy and security policies and practices.
Requesting Removal of Your Personal Information/Opting Out
If you wish to opt-out of receiving emails, other electronic communications, and/or mail from us or do not want us
to share your Personal Information for marketing purposes with third parties, please email us at
OptOut@MotorCityCasino.com with the words "Opt-Out Request" in the subject line and include in the body of the email
your name, address, and what you would like to out-out of.
Although you may opt-out of the use and sharing of Personal Information for emails, other electronic communications,
collect for non-email/electronic communications, mail, and/or marketing purposes. We may also continue to contact
you with information or notifications about your account or transactions with us. Please note that our removal of
your Personal Information will not ensure the permanent and complete removal of such Personal Information. For
example, such Personal Information may remain in our archival or backup copies.
It is extremely important that you keep your account information and other confidential account data protected and
secure. Please make sure that all information you provide to MotorCity Casino Hotel is accurate and complete.
Contact us immediately if you find any discrepancies in your account data or if you wish to inspect the records
pertaining to you.
How Personal Information is Retained and Secured
We retain Personal Information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we retain
Personal Information to comply with applicable law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist
undertake other actions permitted by law. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain Personal Information, we
dispose of it according to our data retention and deletion practices.
Information that we collect through the Retail Sportsbook is stored on secure servers, which are protected by
firewalls and reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security protocols. These security protocols are
intended to protect information from unauthorized access. However, no security system is impenetrable, and these
systems could become accessible in the event of a security breach.
The Retail Sportsbook is not directed at nor intended to be attractive to persons who are under the age of 21 and we
do not target the Retail Sportsbook to persons who are under the age of 21. If we discover that we are in
possession, through the Retail Sportsbook, of Personal Information related to a person who is under the age of 21,
we will promptly delete and/or destroy such Personal Information. Only persons who are 21 or older may access
certain areas (such as the casino and other areas that we may designate from time to time) as well as participate in
certain activities (such as gambling and alcohol purchase/consumption) at our facility or elsewhere (such as
online). If you are under 21, you may not access (or attempt to access) any areas, or participate (or attempt to
participate) in any activities that are permitted only for persons who are 21 or older. We do not knowingly collect
or allow the collection of Personal Information from persons who are under 21. If a parent or guardian of a person
who is under the age of 21 becomes aware that such person has provided us with Personal Information, the parent or
are under 21, you are prohibited from accessing or attempting to access the Retail Sportsbook.